3:15 p.m. UPDATE
The weather forecast for Southern Ontario continues to call for freezing rain and heavy rainfall today, continuing until the beginning of next week.
City crews are responding to the changing conditions, plowing and salting as the snow and ice accumulates.
Cancellations and Closures:
- The following libraries are closed: Meadowvale, Courtneypark, South Common, Frank McKechnie, Streetsville and Lakeview
- All City recreation and culture programs are cancelled for Sunday, April 15. Buildings remain open at this time as warming centres and for scheduled rentals. Permit holders may continue their scheduled events at their discretion.
- Mississauga SportZone youth and adult leagues have also been cancelled.
- All Mississauga Museums are closed.
The City of Mississauga encourages residents and businesses to take precautionary steps to protect their property and ensure their safety. Heavy ice and excessive rain can is expected to have significant effects on the City’s river systems and on the water levels of Lake Ontario.
For safety and to reduce potential damage, the following measures are recommended:
- Avoid walking or driving in flooded areas
- Stay away from creeks, rivers and streams
- Keep children and pets away from all waterways
- Clear debris from catch basins near your home or business, as long as it is safe to do so
- Call 3-1-1 to report blocked catch basins or road flooding in your neighbourhood
- Do not open any sewer manholes under any circumstances
To report flooding, please call 3-1-1. For emergency assistance, please call 9-1-1.